Participatory budgeting is underway in the 33rd Ward. Here’s your opportunity to help provide $25K to help complete the dog park. What does this mean for you?
- A dog park with proper turf and water facilities, so that it can be used in any type of weather conditions (read: No More Mud!)
- A small dog area for the lil’ guys, so they don’t feel overwhelmed by dogs twice their size
- Less pleading on our part to ask for more money from people who have already donated
- Higher property values for all residents, whether you own a dog or not. Check it here: https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/suntrust-survey-mortgages-are-going-to-the-dogs-300493476.html
If you live in the ward and are 14+ years, you can get a ballot by clicking here: https//:tinyurl.com/vote4dogs. It takes 1 minute out of your day, please help💚💙🐾
So, How close are we to being fully funded? We are within striking distance, and the $25K from the Participatory Budgeting vote will get us that much closer. In round numbers, here’s what we’re looking at:
- Estimated Cost of Completion: $250K
- Funds Committed: $185K
- Amount Needed to put Project out to Bid: $65K (if we get the $25K from the Participatory Budget Process, this goes down to $45K)
Please Note: We will not have final costs until the project is put out to bid. The project can not be put out to bid until we have raised the estimated amount of the project. As such, costs are always subject to change. However, we wanted to ensure that we are being as transparent as possible, so that you, our neighbors, friends and supporters can see how much has been accomplished and how close we are to goal. Let’s get this park finished in 2020!!